As this online dictionary currently uses only 336 out of over 3,000 possible entries from the database, this dictionary is woefully incomplete. Here is a brief outline of items that are currently being scheduled.
Phase 1 - Improve the Database
- Finalize Japanese and Latin based orthographies
- Merge duplicate datasets in FLEx from different research teams
- Fill out incomplete data to the extent possible without needing more field research
Phase 2 - Web Improvement
- Work with SIL and Webonary team to solve bugs on website, such as:
- Broken reverse finder lists
- Incorrect cross-linking of dictionary entries
- Add password protection to protect sensitive data
- Fix/add audio support
- Fix/add picture support
Phase 3 - Bilingual Support
- Translate main website and essential pages into Japanese to make site more useful for its primary audience: community members in Miyako and users in Japan.